- Can I create accounts with this library?
- Can I _____ with this library?
- What does error code XXX mean?
- “Your version of Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app to log in to Instagram.”
- How to direct message/share?
- What does
- Why are the captions not posted?
- What does
No. This library will not support account creation because of abuse by spammers. If you need an account, use the official app or website.
This library is limited to what the mobile app/web interface can do. If you can’t do it on those platforms, you can’t do it through the library.
- 400: Bad request. Please check the parameters specified.
- 403: The method requires authentication (web client) or the request has been denied by IG.
- 404: The entity requested is not found (web client) or the endpoint does not exist.
- 429: Too many requests. You’re making too many calls.
IG may also return other 4XX or 5XX codes.
Instagram is rejecting the app version that the lib is using.
If discarding the cached auth and relogging in does not work, you may need to:
- update the lib, or
- extract the latest signature key and version from the latest Instagram APK or from https://github.com/mgp25/Instagram-API/blob/master/src/Constants.php.
With the new sig key and app version, you can modify the client like so
new_app_version = '10.3.2' new_sig_key = '5ad7d6f013666cc93c88fc8af940348bd067b68f0dce3c85122a923f4f74b251' new_key_ver = '4' # does not freq change new_ig_capa = '3ToAAA==' # does not freq change api = Client( user_name, password, app_version=new_app_version, signature_key=new_sig_key, key_version= new_key_ver, ig_capabilities=new_ig_capa)
This is the response for detected spam/bot behavior. Stop using the api in whatever way that triggered this reponse.
Your access attempt has been flagged. Login manually to pass the required challenge.